Al Tobey wrote:

> Didn't find much in the wild, I did find that there are DRI/Linux
> drivers for the Kryo and KyroII series chips.  Looks like the Kyro is
> going down similar paths as Nvidia.  There's even a cute comment about
> DRI in the README.
>
> http://www.powervr.com/downloads.asp

Al,

Thanks for the pointer.  I didn't realize that the Kyro guys had a
driver out.

Although they are releasing binary only drivers, they appear to be
embracing a more open path from an infrastructure perspective.  They are
using the DRI rather than replacing it with a proprietary direct
rendering infrastructure.

It would be interesting to hear more details from their developers
regarding the comment they put in their README:  "If an OpenGL
application is forcibly terminated by closing the X connection then
there may be leftovers on the desktop.  This appears to be a problem in
the DRI infrastructure the driver is based upon."

Are there any Kyro developers listening on this list?

         Jens Owen            /  \/\ _
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /    \ \ \   Steamboat Springs, Colorado