Timothee Besset wrote:

> That is great news. I was about to inquire about those recently released
> FireGL drivers that are said to work with the 8500. Is the developement of
> those drivers related in any way to TG?

AFAIK, the drivers themselves utilize the DRI and were written by the
FireGL group at ATI.

> As far as Doom3 Linux goes .. I think there's still a long way before Doom3
> can run with all features enabled on an open source ATI driver. As you are
> aware, Doom3 makes heavy use of pixel shaders and other advanced features.
> Don't ask about ETAs or what the plans for a 'technology test' of Doom3
> Linux are though, cause I have no idea .. all I can say is that Id would
> help out driver developement / testing / performance feedback on Linux as
> much as possible.

Correct, you won't see HW pixel shaders in this open source driver.
Perhaps someone can comment on HW pixel shader support in the FireGL
binary only driver.

         Jens Owen            /  \/\ _
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /    \ \ \   Steamboat Springs, Colorado