On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 04:20:47PM +0100, José Fonseca wrote:
> On 2002.06.13 15:43 Alan Hourihane wrote:
> >
> >What would be great, is if someone assigned the bugs to relevant
> >developers. Once someone is assigned to the bug report, they get
> >emails whenever it's updated. But that someone needs to know who
> >to charge with that bug report.
> >
> >Someone who would standup to maintain it would be GREAT!
> >
> >Alan.
>
> That person's time would be better spent by setting up a _real_ bug
> tracking system, where this would be done automatically, such as bugzilla
> or the debian one.
>
> I know that usually the saying is the other way around but... "we
> shouldn't have a person doing a machine's job"!

What I'm afraid might happen with setting up something like bugzilla,
is the much more severe maintenance of it. If that person where to
walk away from the project, we're much more stuck that where we are
now with SF. O.k. I admit that the SF system is primitive, but it
works without too much maintenance. It's just that we (as developers)
aren't using it at all. And that's down to us.

Alan.