On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 17:00, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Steven Paul Lilly wrote:
> > I thought I would add my vote to the whole debate about what to do with the
> > mailing lists and SFBT. I would like both lists to continue and for their
> > proper uses to be enforced. I am not a developer or even a power user. I
> > just like knowing what is going on with the development. Having a clear
> > definition of what is appropriate to the different lists makes it a lot
> > easier for me to read only the mail I want and not have to sort my way
> > through large amounts of junk that I have no intrest in and can't help
> > anyway. As for the SFBT I think it should be trashed if it isn't going to be
> > used properly. I went looking for a easy bug to try and fix a while back and
> > every bug I looked at didn't even exist. I do think that if a better
> > solution could be worked out a bug database would be a great resource. It is
> > kind of hard to sort through all the dri-devel list archive to try and find
> > a bug that hasen't been fixed. Just my 2 cents.
>
> Here's one:
>
> On the radeon, the first time a 3d window is created, there is some screen
> corruption.  It's probably the 2d driver getting something wrong.

Hmm, it only seems to happen the very very first time, I can't reproduce
it after restarting the X server or even unloading the DRM and agpgart
modules. Not even when changing between depth 16 and 24 (which I think
should make a difference if the problem is related to pitch).

Still doesn't ring a bell here, but maybe it does for you or someone
else?