On 2002.06.15 06:47 Federico Ferreres wrote:
> Hi! I've ventured today for the first time with the 20020614 snapshot.
> It's working great here (rtcw, q3, glxgears), except that my Mach64
> mobility seems to hang up (needs hard reboot) after 5-10 minutes (maybe
> heat). This happens in Windows as well, so it's my problem only.

There are some problems remaining on the DMA which could affect certain
slower machines. Could you tell me what's your processor and its speed?
Also check if there is any message in /var/log/messages. Just to be sure...

> Under windows, there is a utility to overclock/underclock the mach64
> chipset/mach memory which I use to slow down the card, and only then i
> can use 3D. Is there any way to underclock the mach 64 with DRI? I need
> to get the core to 79 mhz and the mach memory to 75 mhz if i want to use
> 3D.

mmm.. not that I know of. I'm going to see if I can find any referrence in
the specs or in the XFree86 code for for that and see what can be done.

> Well, thanks for the great driver (2D accel is working fine here, though
> no XV yet. But i use xvidix anyway) for all us out there with this chip!
> Federico

Thanks,

José Fonseca