On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, José Fonseca wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 04:35:16PM -0600, Brian Paul wrote:
> [...]
> >
> >Just curious: do you guys have a plan for moving the mach64 code into the
> >trunk?  Are there any major issues that need to be resolved first?
> >

> In my perspective the major issues missing are:
> 1. Make sure the new DMA model works well in all configurations (at this
> moment it seems that only PPC remains with problems)
> 2. Vertex buffer template custumized to the Mach64 hardware format (this
> isn't major but I wanted to work this first before addressing security,
> because it can change radically how we do it, and I'm finishing it).
> 3. The security - this is the real issue that must be addressed before a
> merge with the trunk (and therefore, being ready for a release).

I agree, and I'd add making 2D robust as another prerequisite.  I'd like
to squash the remaining VT switching bugs.  Also, we need to implement
cliprects for vertex dispatches to keep single-buffered GL windows from
drawing on top of overlapping windows.

Then, I think there are some remaining scissor/clipping bugs and
conformance problems with glean tests that I'd like to fix.  Other than
that I think it'll mostly be code cleanup (remove old code paths).  We can
still do more optimizing, but I don't see that as a prerequisite to
merging the branch into the trunk.  Security and stability are the most
important things.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net