On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 08:01:58PM -0400, Leif Delgass wrote:
>This is just temporary transitional code, right?  Isn't the idea to add

I hope not...

>the commands in the drm when copying to a private buffer?  That way we

.. as I hope be able to use this code in the DRM.

>don't need to verify the commands and the Mesa driver can just copy the
>vertex data unchanged into the buffer (or have Mesa use DMA buffers
>directly).

Yes. At that time the COPY_VERTEX call will be replaced by the
straightforward COPY_DWORDS. The complexity in COPY_VERTEX will be
shifted to the DRM. That code will be in the inner loop so this assembly
optimization will be quite handy then.

>On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Jos? R. Fonseca wrote:
>

>> Log message:
>>   x86 implementation of the COPY_VERTEX macro.
>>   Factorization of a variable out of the ADRINDEX macro argument allowing the
>compiler precalculate the macro result.
>>   Both of these things appear to had contribute to a further improvement of the
>poly/sec in ipers.

José Fonseca