Sorry for my repost but I got no answer from you.

Subject: Re: [Dri-devel] RE: <Dri-devel> S3 VIRGE DRI in CVS now
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:17:00 +0200
From: Dieter Nützel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Massimiliano Lingua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Alexander Stohr
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: dri-devel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 15:39, Massimiliano Lingua wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 13:07, Alexander Stohr wrote:
> > > A bit I had to study (laws + Savage4 docs).
> >
> > Savage4 docs???
> > can you tell me whats up with them now?
>
> I got ProSavage docs and BCI tech ref from VIA/S3 under NDA.

So do you think it is possible now to get S3TC (S3 hardware texture
compression into all the drivers?

The tdfx (3dfx) tree had some code for it but there were some legal issues.
When you can solve this with VIA/S3 I can see if I can remerge from the older
tdfx-2-1 branch, if I remember right.

Regards,
        Dieter

--