On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 00:34, Henry Worth wrote:
> Leif Delgass wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Henry Worth wrote:
> >
> >>Have there been any reports of r128 texture color problems on x86 with
> >>recent CVS? Or that it even works?
> >>

> >I just updated to today's build and texture colors look fine on r128 in
> >x86.  Also, we had reports that the changes made in Mesa on the trunk
> >(which we merged into the mach64 branch) fixed textures on ppc for mach64,
> >which has a choose texture function based on r128.
> >
> Since the merge, the radeon PPC fixes added an additional swap in the
> texture path for BE systems.

If I understand correctly, the endianness fixes are the Mesa changes
Leif referred to.

> But, the texutil code already appear to have been endian aware

It wasn't. One might argue that it still isn't, but it definitely wasn't
before. :)

> and the radeon patches also appear to be fighting the endiness, and color
> ordering, neutral formating in tnl_dd_vertex.h by using arrays instead
> of the named color fields.

I don't understand what you're talking about. A lot of my fixes have
been exactly to get rid of fixed offsets into char arrays.

> Since x86 r128 is working, I'm going to prep my patches with the
> PACK*LE changes reverted.

Looking forward to your patches, it's hard for me to understand without
seeing the changes you're making to the code.