Hi,
I'm a newbie who offered to continue development of the SIS630 (SIS300)
DRI drivers. (The non DRI sis X drivers are being maintained by
Thomas Winischhofer and he's doing a good job)

My first task is stop the DRI crashes on most SIS630 3D accelerated
systems.(Editing sis_render.c code to disable hardware accelerated
triangle rendering stops the crashes.)

To continue the job I desperately need some info on the insides of the
SIS300 3D accelerator chip. I read the sis630 and sis300 datasheets and
they don't have a word about 3D acceleration.

Does anyone have any idea of where to find ANY documentation on SIS 3D
acceleration?

Joaquim Carvalho

p.s.
the SIS300 is the graphics accelerator chip; the SIS630 is a larger
chip containing a SIS300 compatible graphics accelerator, a network controller,
sound, usb, firewire, etc.

p.s.2
SIS is not giving any info to me, Thomas Winischhofer or even Xi Graphics
(yes, I wouldn't mind paying 200USD for an accelerated X server)