Jens Owen wrote:
> Brian Paul wrote:
>

>> I've whipped up an HTML table which summarizes the features of the DRI
>> drivers.
>

> Thanks Brian.  Here are some more corrections:
>
> 1) Driver headings on top row:

This was intended to be interpreted as chipsets, not drivers.  By that
reasoning, I should probably split G200 and G400, but they're pretty
similar.

"Pro" is listed on DRI Status page: http://dri.sourceforge.net/dri_status.phtml

>   Intel I830 Column: i845 is also supported, this can be changed to
> i830/i845 chipsets.
>
>   Matrox mga Column:  Millenium and Mystique are not supported by this
> driver.  G200 is listed twice.

The product names were "Millenium G200, Millenium G400, Mystique 200" etc.
Again, I got these from the existing DRI docs.  The weird table word wrapping
requires very careful reading.

> 3) Kernel Module Row, ATI R200 Column:
>
>   There is no r200.o kernel module.  This should be radeon.o

Fixed.

> 4) Added 2D Driver Module Row.  Row inverted here for the sake of e-mail:
>
>   DRI Driver     2D Driver Name
>
>   ATI r200       radeon_drv.o
>   ATI radeon     radeon_drv.o
>   ATI r128       r128_drv.o
>   Intel i810     i810_drv.o
>   Intel i830     i810_drv.o
>   Matrox mga     mga_drv.o
>   3Dfx Voodoo3   tdfx_drv.o
>   3Dfx Voodoo5   tdfx_drv.o

Done.

Attached is an update.  If anyone else wants to make changes, do so, and
post a new table.html file.

-Brian

Summary of DRI driver features:

ATI r200 ATI Radeon ATI r128 Intel i810/815 Intel i830/845 Matrox G200/400 3dfx Voodoo3 3dfx Voodoo5
Cards Radeon 8500, 8700 Radeon 7x00 Rage Fury/Pro/Magnum,
XPERT 2000,
XPERT 128, XPERT 99, All-in-Wonder 128
i810/815 chipsets i830/845 chipsets Millenium G200, G400, G450, Mystique G200 Voodoo3, Banshee, Velocity 100/200 Voodoo4 4500, Voodoo5 5500
Intel/AMD x86 YES (AGP only) YES (AGP only) YES YES YES YES YES YES
DEC Alpha YES YES YES no no no YES YES
PowerPC ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Driver Name r200_dri.so radeon_dri.so r128_dri.so i810_dri.so i830_dri.so mga_dri.so tdfx_dri.so tdfx_dri.so
Kernel Module radeon.o radeon.o r128.o i810.o i810.o mga.o tdfx.o tdfx.o
2D XFree86 Driver radeon_drv.o radeon_drv.o r128_drv.o i810_drv.o i810_drv.o mga_drv.o tdfx_drv.o tdfx_drv.o
Hardware Stencil YES (@32bpp) YES (@32bpp) YES (@32bpp) no YES (@32bpp) YES (@32bpp) no YES (@32bpp)
Hardware Alpha Channel YES (@32bpp) YES (@32bpp) no no YES (@32bpp) YES (@32bpp) no YES (@32bpp)
Hardware TCL YES YES no no no no no no
ARB_multitexture (units) YES (2?) YES (2?) YES (2) YES (2) YES (2) YES (G200:1, G400:2) YES (2) YES (2)
ARB_texture_cube_map no no no no no no no no
ARB/EXT_texture_env_add YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
ARB/EXT_texture_env_dot3 YES YES no no no no no no
ARB/EXT_texture_env_combine YES YES no no YES no no YES
EXT_blend_color no no no no YES no no no
EXT_blend_function_separate no no no no YES no no no
EXT_blend_logic_op YES YES no no no no no no
EXT_blend_min_max YES no no no YES no no no
EXT_blend_subtract YES YES no no YES no no no
EXT_fog_coord YES YES no no YES no no no
EXT_paletted_texture no no no no no no YES YES
EXT_secondary_color YES YES no no YES no no no
EXT_shared_texture_palette no no no no no no no no
EXT_stencil_wrap YES no no YES YES no no YES
EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic YES YES no no no no no no
EXT_texture_lod_bias YES YES no YES YES no YES YES
IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat no YES no no no no no no
MESA_pack_invert YES no no no no no no no
MESA_texture_ycbcr YES no no no no no no no
NV_texture_rectangle YES no no no no no no no
SGIS_generate_mipmap no YES no no no YES no no
GLX_NV_vertex_array_range YES no no no no no no no

OpenGL Extensions enabled in all DRI drivers:

  • GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
  • GL_EXT_abgr
  • GL_EXT_bgra
  • GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint