Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Son, 2002-10-13 at 17:54, Michel Dänzer wrote:

I've done some more clueless digging into the problem visible in
http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/evas_test.jpeg and
http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/celestia.jpeg . My first suspicion
was an off-by-one error in the scissor code, but enlarging the scissor
rectangle doesn't help; making it smaller makes the problem worse
though, so the scissor code seems to be correct. So the quads actually
seem to be rendered one pixel too small in both directions;

Actually not. The problem with the evas demo is that the Radeon can't
seem to cope with infinity for texture coordinates (the demo doesn't
render just one quad per background tile, but four of 'em, three having
infinity for some texture coordinates; those aren't rendered). The first
attached patch fixes that, but is a bit awkward; better ideas anyone?
Fix the application. I'm pretty sure we're allowed to bin vertices containing bogus float values.

As for the text in celestia, that's fixed by the second patch, which
I'll commit soon unless someone sees a problem with it.
It has the colormaterial change which I said earlier I believe is incorrect.

Additionally when changing things like subpixel offsets, please run both glean and conform to verify that you haven't broken these tests (there are bugs with both, but fiddling with subpixel can break them totally).

Keith