Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2002 21:18 schrieben Sie:

Sorry, I watched Germany vs. Netherlands.
"We" lost... 1:3 ;-)

> Hmm.. As far as I can tell, I'm now running the mesa-4-1-branch here, and
> ipers seems to work. But I have no way to tell what the version is,
> XF86_CUSTOM_VERSION is still set to "DRI trunk":
>
>       XFree86 Version 4.2.99.2 (DRI trunk) / X Window System
>       (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600)
>       Release Date: 21 October 2002
>
> It's _really_ really slow, though, reporting a frame rate of 1.95 - 2.0
> fps or so when viewing the thing (whatever it is) head on.

What do you get with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose?
glinfo?

Is DRI (glx/dri) really working?

> Turning off textures seems to speed it up a lot (8 fps). Is it supposed to
> be that slow?

NO.

~30 fps in window mode (normal) on a 1280x1024x24 screen with all ON.

> Other things are definitely hw-accelerated, ie I get fine frame rates on
> tuxracer and glxgears etc.

Didn't have commercial tuxracer but gears (MesaDemo, glxgears is the same)
should run at ~2995 fps. I heard from over ~5000 fps with a Geforce4 4600 on
a system like yours.

> "cubemap" seems to work, although I have no idea what it's really supposed
> to look like (I can imagine that it looks right, though - reflections in a
> sphere of the cube outside of it).

Me too, 'cause it isn't running, now ;-)

-Dieter