Title: RE: [Dri-devel] mesa 4.1 branch / NO go on 2.5.48

> > !!!!
> > > GL_RENDERER: Mesa X11
> > > GL_VENDOR: Brian Paul
> > !!!!
>
> Yeah, that seems to be true for the mesa test programs I installed.
>
> Doing a regular glxinfo shows
>
>       OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20021009 AGP 4x
> x86/MMX/SSE TCL
>       OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 5.0
>
> > You are running Software Mesa 5.0 :-O
>
> Naah, just the MesaDemos seem to use it for some reason,
> probably because
> I didn't know how to configure the build there correctly ..
>
> How do people build the Mesa demo package? It clearly doesn't build
> standalone, and apparently if you build it together with the MesaLib
> package it does the sw rendering thing).
>
>               Linus

Its a known issue for me, thats why i do prefer the GLUT demos.

I made it to bring the Mesa demos to life on DRI by just editing
the libGL and other references to the systems defaults rather than
to the libs in the project. As far as i do remember, it all turned
out to be rather "static" in linking.

To my knowledge there is no simple way with this project build system
for getting what we both do think of.

-Alex.