On Sunday 24 November 2002 12:52, Simon Cahuk wrote:

> I have SuSE 8.1 and a banshee card. Glxgears is very slow, 60 FPS only.

Voodoo cards default to synchronize display update to the refresh rate of the
display, hence you will not get frame rates above 60 FPS if your display is
60 Hz.  This is only a problem if your card manages do draw just below 60 fps
and the application isn't using triple-buffering, in which case the frame
rate will drop to the half of what it could be (i.e. 30 fps).

Try running `FX_GLIDE_SWAPINTERVAL=0 glxgears` instead.

--
No.