Am Sonntag, 24. November 2002 12:52 schrieb Simon Cahuk:
> Hi,
>
> I have SuSE 8.1 and a banshee card. Glxgears is very slow, 60 FPS only.
> But when I play Q3A, everything is normal, so DRI works. I recompiled
> glxgears from XFree's CVS and the result is still the same.

Try MesaLib-5.0 and MesaDemos-5.0 from the Mesa-Home.
There is a copy of "gears" included, too.
Make sure that the demo progs use the system's libGL (hardware accelerated)
and not the "new" MesaLib-5.0 one's.

Testing with "setenv SSTV5_GLIDE_SWAPINTERVAL 0" (tcsh shell) or "export
SSTV5_GLIDE_SWAPINTERVAL=0" (bash shell). Maybe it should be "SST5_xxx" don't
sure anymore. But "FX_xxx" is for older cards.

> Now make World (DRI CVS) takes 100 minutes, with SuSE 8.0 it took 64
> minutes (gcc 2.95.3). Can I speed up the compile time under SuSE 8.1?
> Dieter? My machine is a PII 333.

Sorry, I don't think so.
SuSE 8.1 is GCC-3.2 based and "newer" GCCs are slower...

How much RAM do you have?
Kernel is SuSE current?

-Dieter