--- Alan Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Voodoo3 needs to be your primary display or it
> doesnt work dual
> head. My 4500 works dual head if its primary

I have a similar problem when using a PCI Rage128 with
any AGP card.

When booting the system BIOS executes the primary
video card's BIOS initialization entry point.  AGP
cards seem to work without running the initial video
BIOS but PCI ones don't.

When I use windows it doesn't matter which card is set
to primary.  So the vendor supplied drivers probably
know how to initialize a secondary PCI card after the
OS is booted or Windows is initializing them by being
a PnP OS.

Would PCI cards work right as secondary displays if
the init code in the video BIOS was executed by X when
the driver gets initialized? Or is this a more
complicated problem having to do with plug and play
OSs and resource allocation?

=====
Jon Smirl