Hi,

while I was trying to understand the vtxfmt mesa code and poking around
with gdb I noticed that the neutral vtxfmt wrapper gets restored quite
often. I tracked it to radeonFlushVertices where
_mesa_install_exec_vtxfmt( ctx, &rmesa->vb.vtxfmt ) is called if the
FLUSH_UPDATE_CURRENT flag is set. _mesa_install_exec_vtxfmt in turn sets
ctx->TnlModule.Current to the new exec vertex format and calls
_mesa_restore_exec_vtxfmt( ctx ) which restores the neutral wrapper. Is
this really what was intended here?

The only place I could find where the FLUSH_UPDATE_CURRENT flag is set
in the radeon driver is in radeon_vtxfmt_c.c and there the Exec dispatch
table is modified directly. So there should be no need for reinstalling
the vertex format.

Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!