> > > I recently upgraded the kernel on my laptop to latest for Red Hat
> > > 7.2, called 2.4.18-18.7.x.  I then tried to reinstall DRI from the
> > > latest dripkg (dated 12/4/2002). The laptop has a Mach64 Rage
> > > Mobility graphics chip. After all these upgrades, I can no longer
> > > get hardware acceleration. The error message in the XFree86 log is:
> > >
> > > [drm] drmSetBusid failed (7, PCI:1:0:0), Permission denied
> >
> > This "Permission denied" problem has been reported a couple of times
> > now. It seems to occur if the DRM kernel module is compiled with a
> > different compiler version than the kernel. AFAIK no one has bothered
> > to find out why so far. You can either compile the kernel yourself or
> > find out which compiler RedHat used and use the same one for the
> > module.
> >
> > Liam, could you add this to the "Trouble Shooting" section in the FAQ?
> > I'm getting tired of answering the same question over and over again
OK, done.

but I am going to add the link to the add a faq page (now that I know how
it works).

Please note:
use html formatting or else its just one long wrapped line.
don't mess it up because you can't edit / delete it

If you mess it up I can fix it so don't stress too much.

Link for now:
http://dri.sourceforge.net/faq/faq_add.phtml

Liam
----