I have got DRI running with Dual Screens with DRI working on display :0.0 and Indirect rendering on :0.1.

If I attempt to enable DRI on the second screen if fails to open /dev/dri/card0 because it is busy. It is ready used for the first screen. On failing to access the device DRI is then disabled, however since it already succefully enabled DRI, the driver gets confused later.

Is there any mechanism that can be implemented to share the device between both screens? I am not looking to get Xinerama working at the moment (leave that for later). The ATI fglrx drivers claim to work with 2 Screens, not that I got them working, so it must be posible...