On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 08:34:16PM -0800, dax wood
>wrote:
>> hello out there,
>>
>>       I have a problem with the current dri cvs
>> (trunk) for a Rage 128. the odd thing is that I
>>got
>> the damn thing to work (nicely), but with all
>> programming i think i found a bug in the dri side
>>of
>> Mesa 5.0.(if that makes any sence.)

>>[glean output trimmed]

>> Floating point exception
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^----is the last i see for
>> great many opengl programs
>> can any one help. or guide me to not be so stupid.

>You aren't using an Athlon XP processor, are you?  A
>few people have
>seen
>this with the Radeon also.  Try running with the
>environment variable
>'MESA_NO_SSE' set, then try glean (or another app
>that fails).  You
>might
>also look at the thread with the subject "Radeon:
>lockup on state
>change".
the CPU i got is
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 701.601
cache size      : 256 KB

        The ENV var 'MESA_NO_SSE' has no effect at all. I
Recompiled the cvs this time with
#define MesaUseKatmai YES
        commented out and yet still recieve "Floating point
exception" a notable mention thought when dri is
disabled I am able to run all opengl programs
(slowly).
        the odd thing is that I cant find the error
msg Floating point exception in any of the sources. Is
this in kernel?

--dax--