Alan Hourihane wrote:
On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 01:06:22AM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:55:33AM +1000, Chris Ison wrote:

in XFree86 log

Symbol xf86strtof from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a is unresolved!

this function doesn't exist in XFree86 trunk, nor DRI trunk (going by
grep), how ever it is used in extras/Mesa/src/imports.c

did someone forget to commit its definition?
Good catch. Just committed a fix for it.

Mmmm. Looking at Mesa though, it doesn't define it's wrapper interface
for strtof() either, and I can't see it being used within Mesa too.

It's wrapping calls xf86strtof() or strtod() - is that intentional ? or...

Should this be removed from imports.c ?
AFAIK, I've never used strtof/strtod in Mesa until in the current 5.1/trunk code. I need it for fragment program parsing.

Looks like some of the 5.1 code was merged into the DRI tree by Ian.
He probably did that to get the ATI_texture_env_combine3 code.

Just a warning: the Mesa 5.1 code is subject to lots of change/breakage/etc since it's not a stable branch. Pulling it into the DRI trunk is a bit risky.

-Brian