Hi,

There were some seemingly random lockups with with my Radeon 7500. Now I
found out that they are actually reproducable. Run for instance the
gflux xscreensaver hack repeatedly. Short after starting it the 32nd
time X locks up. RADEON_DEBUG_DMA=1 output indicates that this is
another DMA buffer leak. Apperently it occurs with apps which don't
destroy their GLX context. I set a breakpoint in radeonDestroyContext
while running gflux. I terminated gflux with ESC and my breakpoint was
never hit.

Obviously the kernel has to handle DMA buffer deallocation if the
application fails to do so. If someone can point me to the right source
files to look at I'll try to make a patch for this.

Regards,
  Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!