On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:29:44 +0100 (CET)
Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Can someone commit this?  Does this fix *all* the problems?  I don't know if
> > it would.
>
> It probably fixes SW TCL bugs - as Felix states - but it does not touch the
> HW TCL related problems with the radeon driver. They still exist,

It would just be too good to be true if there was one simple patch that
fixes all problems ;-) As you wrote to me in private mail you are
referring to lockup problems and the dark lighting in flightgear.

As to the lighting problem, Brian and I discovered a few months ago that
an uninitialized (random) fourth component of the light source position
can cause large lighting differences between hardware and software TCL.
I made just that mistake :) and Brian pointed it out to me. I had a
short look at an old flight gear source later and the lighting stuff
looked quite messy. I got rather confused by the interaction between
PLib and OpenGL state management and bailed out. Maybe someone more into
flightgear and plib wants to take a closer look at that.

> Martin.

Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!