Hello, did you know that remote display of OpenGL apps is partially
functional with DRI ? At least the client side works ! I'm currently running
FlightGear on a Linux PC against an SGI Octane functioning as X terminal.
Performance is not bad - at least better than running FlightGear native on
the (low speed) Octane  :-)
I don't know _why_ this works but obviously the OpenGL(/DRI) library
provided with XFree86 is able to detect OpenGL support on the server side
and does _not_ render in software.
This is _really_ nice to see !!

Unfortunately from my point of view this affirms the suspicion that the
'dark lightning' issue with FlightGear at least on Radeon is a server-side
problem.
Running FlightGear against OpenGL libraries compiled from the identical
source tree against a DRI based Radeon X server does not look that nice.
Running the same stuff against Octane X server instead looks as everyone
loves it  ;-)

Happy,
        Martin.
P.S.: gcc-3.2.2, glibc-2.3.1, xfree86-3.4.0