On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:30:56 +0000
Keith Whitwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jonathan Thambidurai wrote:
> >     I was looking at the source for the radeon driver and noticed that the
> > depth buffer is always set to 32 bits if a 24 bpp color depth is
> > selected.  Is this a hardware limitation, or might it be possible to
> > change it to 16 bpp?
>
> It's possible to do this with a small amount of coding.  That coding would
> touch several parts of the tree, but not actually be too difficult, except in
> terms of getting to know the very large source tree we have to deal with.
>
> Try downloading the CVS & see if you still want to play.

This is yet another thing that could become a configuration option with
the new configuration scheme. Besides radeon and r200, would this also
be possible with other drivers?

> Keith

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.