On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:02:24 +0000
Keith Whitwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gareth Hughes wrote:
> > Andreas Stenglein wrote:
> >

> >> Yes, at least the part with GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP.
> >> In case of "0" you can just return 0, no copying is needed.
> >>
> >> case 0: return 0; break;
> >

> > You're going to do that, just in a slightly different manner:
> >
> >     switch (nr) {
> >     case 0: ovf = 0; break;
> >     case 1: ovf = 1; break;
> >     default: ovf = 2; break;
> >     }

This is the same as

   ovf = MIN2( nr, 2 );

Nice to see in how many creative ways this can be obfuscated. ;-) So it
was just an off-by-one error in the original version, which was

   ovf = MIN2( nr-1, 2 );

> >     for (i = 0 ; i < ovf ; i++)
> >        copy_vertex( rmesa, nr-ovf+i, tmp[i] );
> >     return i;
> >
> > When nr == 0, ovf gets set to 0 and you do no iterations of the for
> > loop.  You'll then return i, which was initialized to 0.
>
> OK, this isn't perf critical code, so I'll just commit the clearest version.

See above ;-)

> This is all queued up now pending the merge completion, which is also waiting
> on me...
>
> Keith

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.