Keith Whitwell wrote:
Brian Paul wrote:

Sounds like the Mesa directory re-org should happen sooner, rather than later.

I've been doing some research into CVS and it looks like there are two approaches to doing the re-org:

1. Use the usual cvs add/remove/commit commands to move everything around. This would work, but it would be pretty tedious and we'd sort of lose the CVS histories.

2. Download the nightly CVS tarball to my machine, reorganize it, then upload it to SourceForge and have the SF admins install it as the new CVS tree. The one issue with this approach is that it would effect all CVS branches. A benefit would be the ability to _really_ remove the old, empty directories.

I prefer option 2.

How about a mixed approach: Open a branch with the existing CVS to prototype the new structure, do all the add/remove/commit stuff there until you have a working tree, then do (2) as a final irreversable step.

My first step would be to wrap-up version 5.0.2 (bug fix release) and get that out of the way.

That would leave the embedded-* branches. Do those of you working on those branches have any concerns?

Below is the latest proposal for the new tree layout. Comments?

-Brian

Mesa/
    docs/            - documentation

    include/
        GL/        - OpenGL public headers
            gl.h
            glext.h
            glx.h
            glxext.h
            glu.h

    src/
        glu/
            sgi/            - SGI GLU code (C++)
            mesa/            - old Mesa GLU code (C)
            mini/            - subset GLU for embedded

        glut/
            glx/            - GLUT based on GLX
            beos/            - GLUT for BeOS
            dos/            - GLUT for DOS
            ggi/            - GLUT for GGI

There's a miniglut as well, fwiw.

widgets/ - SGI widget code

mesa/
glapi/
glapi*.[ch] - dispatcher files
APIspec file gl*.py - Python API scripts
main/ - core Mesa sources
attrib.c
context.c
enable.c
CPU detection code
transform/ - was tnl
t_*.[ch]
X86/3Dnow code
transform_dd/ - TCL templates for drivers
t_dd_*.[ch]

Call this driver_templates, maybe?

Actually, there's a lot of overlap between this and the drivers/common directory -- maybe just move all this code to there?

Keith