On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 08:42, Martin Spott wrote:

> > Since it's easy for you to rebuild the kernel module, try the attached
> > patch which adds a debug output line. That line should appear, and both
> > pointers should be non-NULL.
>
> I applied your patch but I did not notice where the expected debug output
> should appear. Should it show up on STDERR, in the syslog, in XFree ?

Wherever kernel output goes, but you'll have to load the DRM with
drm_opts=debug .

> I attached a compressed XFree86.0.log - in case it might be useful (it's
> only 8k).

Didn't get it, but I'm not sure it'd be helpful anyway.

> I managed to get something different. When setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose, each
> time I start a program that is supposed to use OpenGL, I can read the
> following on STDERR immediately after hitting enter:
>
> libGL error: XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable returned falselibGL error:
> XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable returned falselibGL error:
> XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable returned falsename of display:
> quickstep.plesnik.bonsai.de:0.0
>

> This _is_ the correct FQDN and ${DISPLAY} is definitely correct - it has
> been ever since.

You're saying you've always used quickstep.plesnik.bonsai.de:0.0 for
$DISPLAY? That would be a TCP instead of a UNIX socket, not sure the DRI
is supposed to work with that. I use :0.0 .