Alexander Stohr wrote:

i have to ask if the dri-devel mailing list can now be set to subscribers-only policy?

Oh, for the love of God, YES!
I am subscribed to 11 mailing lists, and I get more SPAM from dri-devel than all the rest put together.
I am much more in favour of a more pro-active stance in fighting SPAM - such as requiring posters to subscribe - than simply telling people "oh well you _could_ use spamassasin"
Why would anyone post to the list who isn't subscribed anyway?