Hi all,

I am a Wine developper working on OpenGL and Direct3D support. We sometimes
receive bug reports about Wine not working properly on the DRI, mostly
linked to corrupted textures.

The big problem is that my main development box has only some old NVIDIA
hardware (a TNT2U) so I can only test with Mesa and NVIDIA's binary drivers
(both working fine).

As Wine seems to work fine when forcing indirect rendering on the DRI, I
suspect that the issue must be related to the way DRI handle thread-safeness
(as this is the main difference between Wine and any other Linux program).

So where can I get some explanations how the DRI handle threading ? And how
could I go on debugging this (knowing that I have also access to a laptop
with a Radeon Mobility chip but which has a rather old DRI version installed
on it - the one shipped with Mandrake 9) ?

Thanks,
       Lionel

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/