[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Attached is another point size patch. Thanks for taking the time to look
through my first patch. This one uses per-primitive fallbacks as you suggested.

I originally had radeon_point_fallback calling swrast but this caused a lot of
rendering glitches (I'm fairly certain the Z-buffer format was responsible).
Currently I'm altering the reduced_hw_prim and hw_prim values and emitting two
triangles when the fallback is in effect.

So far it seems to be a big improvement from the original hack but it's still a
work in progress.

Haven't heard anything from you in awhile. How are things going on the patch? :)

Also, have you given any consideration to supporting NV_point_sprite? The way that you're implementing point sizes is very similar to the way that extension would be implemented. That would also lay the ground work for ARB_point_sprite. ARB_point_sprite won't be part of 1.5, so I don't expect it to be supported by Mesa anytime soon. It would be nice if we could basically just "flip a switch" in the driver once it is supported in Mesa, though.

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/NV/point_sprite.txt
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ARB/point_sprite.txt