Felix Kühling wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:59:32 -0700
> Nathan Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to build from CVS but I'm seeing something unexpected.  The
>> build
>> is trying to link to X libraries outside of the DRI tree itself.  In
>> host.def I altered the ProjectRoot variable as so:
>
> Leif Delgass describes a procedure to build DRI in a new ProjectRoot
> directory on his mach64 pages:
> http://www.retinalburn.net/linux/dri_HOWTO.html. It's similar to what
> Ian described, except that you make symbolic links instead of copying
> all the libs and headers. make install will overwrite everything that is
> rebuilt from DRI sources.
>
> Not that Leif uses the -ignorelinks option to lndir. I believe it's
> better to go without -ignorelinks. Works for me for ages.

This is a good idea.  I thought of trying this but it's good to know that it
works.  I've also added this info to the FAQ.

I have one last question.  Is it safe to have mismatched foo_dri.so and
foo_drv.o?  I'm using a CVS version of radeon_drv.o that has several fixes
that I can't do without, but I'd also like to get some of the recent fixes
to the radeon DRI driver.  So can I just upgrade radeon_dri.so and the
radeon.o kernel modules?

Thanks,
-n8