Hello,

I'm trying to build from CVS but I'm seeing something unexpected.  The build
is trying to link to X libraries outside of the DRI tree itself.  In
host.def I altered the ProjectRoot variable as so:

/* Optionally turn this on to change the place where you install the build.
 * Warning: trailing blanks will cause build failures.
 */
#define ProjectRoot /usr/X11R6-n8dri

When I run make World it tries to do this:
+ gcc -m32 -o ./libGL.so.1.2~ ... blah blah blah ...
        -L/usr/X11R6-n8dri/lib -lXext -lX11 -ldl -lXxf86vm -lc

This of course fails, since /usr/X11R6-n8dri/lib doesn't even exist yet.
What's going on here?  If I hadn't changed the variable and it had looked
in /etc/X11R6/lib then it probably would have worked and I never would have
noticed the problem, but that's not the right thing to do, is it?  Why
would building xfree86 require xfree86 to be installed?

Also, it would be really helpful to us compile-newbies if somebody would add
a few tips about configuring host.def to the FAQ.  I'm still not certain I
did it correctly and I've been building stuff from source for years now.
I'm attaching mine so if somebody sees a problem please let me know.

Thanks,
-n8