--- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, the driver bootstrap is one of the big places that need it.
> Look at __driUtilCreateScreen in xc/lib/GL/dri/dri_util.c.  There's no
> getting around needing the Display pointer and screen number there.  We
> could probably work around this be having multiple bootstrap entry
> points.  One for X and one for non-X, perhaps?  Each would act as a thin
> veil to perform windowing system specific initialization and then call a
> common initialization routine.

Standalone __driUtilCreateScreen has been reworked to not need display/screen.
All of the relevant info comes in via the DRIDriverContextRec struct. Check out
the standlone version of dri_util.c, it doesn't need X headers either. My
initial thoughts were to rework DRI to use this dri_util implementation but I
haven't looked at it in detail.

Here is the glx/mini/dri_util code...
http://mesa3d.bkbits.net:8080/newtree/src/src/glx/mini?nav=index.html|src/|src/src|src/src/glx

=====