Am Samstag, 30. August 2003 00:02 schrieb Eric Anholt:
> My current diff is at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/files/sis-14.diff
>
> It's against DRI CVS.  Should work fine on Linux/FreeBSD, with or
> without sisfb.  I haven't tested the linux-without-sisfb case, though.
>
> My progress so far:
>       * glxgears, geartrain, tunnel, ipers, fire, multiarb, ray,
>         morph3d, isosurf, spectex, gloss, bounce, teapot, reflect all
>         work.  tuxracer works on FreeBSD.
>       * DRM and DDX changes are in DRI CVS HEAD.
>
> To do:
>       * Tuxracer crashes in sisDDDeleteTexture on linux. I have no idea
>         why (it's crashing freeing memory which I swear is allocated).
>       * Not sure if the fogging in fire is correct -- it looks like I
>         would expect it to, but it disagrees with software rendering.
>       * Issues with clipping/scissoring (texenv, tessdemo -- GLUT_SINGLE
>         buffering)
>       * Implement / advertise GL extensions.
>       * Get AGP support working (waiting for the card to come)

Hello Eric and the rest of this list,
I'm new to this list, so I hope it's ok to post my experience with this here.
I have tried this patch on a Sis630 based x86-Laptop, Gentoo-Linux with a
heavily patch 2.4.20 Kernel (sisfb). First of all: thanks for this great job,
I am glad to see dri running on this machine :-)
I got a reject on xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/sis/sis_xf86glx.c, when I applied
the patch, it compiled well anyway. I tried glxgears, tuxracer, BillardGL,
chromium B.S.U and foobillard. In glxgears the drawing area sometimes gets a
bit oversized compared to the window in the vertical direction. Those areas
are not redrawn, when I move the window. Artefacts of the gears remain on my
desktop. Resizing the glxgears-window enforces this behaviour. I'm using Kde,
if that matters ;-) glxinfo segfaults directly after showing the glu
extensions:
glu version: 1.3
glu extensions:
    GLU_EXT_nurbs_tessellator, GLU_EXT_object_space_tess
Segmentation fault
tuxracer works (I can play), but it crashes on quitting. So does chromium
(which works, but is slooow). No issues with BillardGL and foobillard so far,
except the resizing thing.
If you need further information or I can help in any ways, just tell me. I'm a
programmer, but have no experience with dri/drm or Xfree stuff :-(

Thanks,
Michael

PS: I hope, I'm understandable, natural speaking is bavarian ;-)