发件人: Ryan Underwood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
发送时间: 2003年9月17日 15:51
收件人: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
主题: Re: [Dri-devel] what's the meaning of 'Graphics Aperture' in AGP?

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 03:30:09PM +0800, "Tao, Qian (???? IES)" wrote:
>    I am a newbee in dri.
>    Now i am reading agp source code in linux kernel.
>    I am not clear about 'Graphics Aperture'
>    I download AGP spec 2.0,but it don't say a word about it.
>    what's the relationship between the aperture with graphics memory?
>    thanks for any comment or replyBest Regards,

IIRC, the aperture is the largest region of system memory that may be
used for AGP DIME texture storage. (for Execute Mode)  So if you set the
aperture to 16MB, no more than 16MB of system memory can be used as
non-local texture memory for the AGP card.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253