GART range a physical bus address including a size value,
which will get fixed up by PCI config process in BIOS.
It should not need any touching at a later time on sane systems.
It can be reprogrammed in most cases but only with full system awareness.
I dont know a regular reason why to do that on current designs.

-Alex.