On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 20:29, Rafael Maximo wrote:
> At 12:44 AM 19/9/2003, Dimitry N. Naldaev wrote:
> >В сообщении от 18 Сентябрь 2003 08:06 Rafael Maximo
> >написал:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >          Some of you already know that i'm trying to work on the savage
> > > driver, i'm working on the 3D driver (/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv) and now it is
> > > compiling and i'll test it but i got some other problems. After compiling
> > > everything (2D, 3D, kernel modules, etc.) my screen on xfree 4.3.0 is a
> > > little corrupted (http://max.brz.net/screen.png),
> >
> >try to switch to another VT and back. does the screen still corrupted ??
>
> I tried that, but no change.
>
> Now glxinfo reposts direct rendering enable and i tried to run glxgear and
> i got a real lockup :(
>
> I also notice that the 3D driver call drmCommandRead() or drmCommandWrite()
> where it used to call ioctl(), what exactly drmCommand like functions
> differ from ioctl() ?

The drmCommandRead and friends are a wrapper for ioctl.  I think the
idea was that they were for portability, but I can't remember.  Note
that the numbering of the commands for drmCommand* are different from
the ioctl numbers (subtract 0x40 iirc) -- look at the <card>.h in the
DRM and the <card>_common.h in the 2d driver.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]