W liście z wto, 30-09-2003, godz. 18:52, Alan Hourihane pisze:
> In radeon_dri.c in the TransitionTo2d/3d there's some offscreen memory
> allocation going on for info->backArea and info->depthTexArea.
>
> The trouble is - I can't see anywhere where these allocations are actually
> used.
>
> Are these leftovers ??
>
> Alan.
Hi

These are used used by 3D driver back depth/stencil buffers and texture
memory. This memory is reserved so it wont get overwritten by 2D driver.
It is used by means of RADEONInfoRec::frontOffset,
RADEONInfoRec::backOffset etc... It can be freed if no 3D is active.

BTW: As I'am working on stereo now I need to  allocate additional
buffers for left eye buffers. Currently I allocate them whenever
TransitionTo3D is called, but I think it would be quite useful if I
would add TransitionToStereo/Mono functions and allocate/free them then.
I looked at DRICreatedrawable code but I have no clue how to check
whether drawable is stereo (if it does make sense). I think I can do it
by checking Visual, but no clue how to get it. Can someone give me some
clues.

--
Jacek Rosik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>