On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:28:50 -0700
Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 13:55, Felix Kühling wrote:
> > On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:14:32 -0700
> > Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, I was going to merge trunk to the savage-1_0_0-branch, since
> > > updates to the savage driver in trunk help out with that work I've been
> >
> > Are you referring to the patch that Rafael Máximo sent yesterday? I was
> > going to look at it, but I didn't have time yet. After a quick glance it
> > looks like it reverts lots of changes S3 made to the driver.
>
> That patch was based quite a bit on updates in XFree86 CVS from what I
> saw.  I hadn't really looked at the 4.3.0 -> S3 changes to compare how
> much the trunk merge changes would affect that code.  But then, if it
> fixes basic 2d rendering problems, maybe we shouldn't worry too much
> about how it messes with the S3 changes for now.

I agree. The only important changes are the ones that make the DDX driver
DRI aware. We'll have to be careful not to mess up hardware locking.

> It would be good to have someone with hardware who could test the 4.2.0
> libGL/savage_dri.so against the CVS DDX before and after a trunk merge
> to see if it breaks things.  Unfortunately, from what I've been told now
> the savage card I have (an MX) won't work.

I'll see if I can set up something like that. I would have to try and
run an Xserver and savage DDX driver from the savage-1_0_0-branch with
an old libGL and savage_dri.so. I would need to get Xfree86 4.2 sources
and the original S3 code in order to compile a working 3D driver, right.
That won't happen before some time next week.

[snip]
> --
> Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.