> The radeon driver already uses the family enum to tell secondary from primary
> adapters. This is done so that linux PCI utlities will show the Radeon driver
> as owning both devices. GET_SUGGESTED should be modified to return the family
> enum too. Then we could remove the PCI ID's and ifs in the radeon DSO that are
> recomputing the family.  I think it is better to keep the family data in the
> PCI ID table than to scatter it all over the code base via if/PCI-ID.

Actually, I didn't keep that when switching to the XFree IDs and reworking
the PCI ID table in the driver, though this could be easily revived. I
do not plan to use the family for identifying the "second" head though.
Look how I did in my tree, I basically added various flags for each entry
(IS_MOBILITY, IS_IGP, etc...) and IS_SECONDARY could be just one of them.

Ben.