Eddy wrote:
Dear mailing list,
I have been trying to get DRI working correctly but haven't succeeded obviously..
Many configurations failed for me. Here is a list of what I did:
-Installing cvs's DRI + Finally having Xfree-4.0.3.99.x => wrong module version (radeon.o)
-Recognizing radeon driver was built into the kernel statically -Switching off the <Xfree-4.3.0 kernel-module => Xfree with DRI but not OpenGL (glxinfo says Off)
-Reading that wrong libraries are used somehow
-Installing Mesa
-Meanwhile installing cvs's dri kernel modules in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/
#make says that drm.o would be built but that hasn't been the fact here, only radeon.o is built for example.
(For those who might have the problem that sound has gone automagically after that and don't know why..
a make in the directory mentioned above recompiles some kernel's modules as far as I have understood that)
-Recognizing the library-confusion, installing cvs's DRI again (recovering the libs) + running ldconfig.

Well.. and a bit more all over the day.. My problem is that at the point where DRI was recognized by
XFree but not by glxinfo, glxgears worked with 1280 frames in 5 seconds or something like that..
When I finally got DRI recognized by glxinfo it workes with 75fp/s nearly constantly..
Someone in a chat told me that this isn't a desired effect. Therefore I am asking here, because I think I see
a chance that my Radeon 7500 could work nicer. Or do all of you Radeon 7500 users have such low framerates?

Felix -- Would you like to explain the vsync-by-default option to this gentleman?

Keith