just if thas a pending duty...

if the monitor refreshes at 75 Hz
then the grafics adapter has no need
for producing more then 75 frames per second.

having images updated before the cathode ray
has finished one image leads to showing two
images in a single refresh cycle which looks bad.

if you are rendering slower than 75 frames,
you might show the same frame twice, but
thats nearly not dramatical in image quality.

there are means of ignoring the monitors refresh
rate for e.g. benachmarking the board performance
which is typically described as "sync to vsync: off".

as written, it looks bad if you let it render like that.

-Alex.