On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 00:06, Chris Ison wrote:

> For some reason its failing to open /dev/drm/card0, the SF version opens
> it without problems.

Even with the same DRM?

My best guess is still that this is related to the new DRM PCI probing
code which was committed last Friday. Maybe it can't deal correctly with
the two PCI instances your chip exposes yet or something. Eric or Jon,
any suggestions for how to debug this?

> ok, /dev/dri/card0 doesn't exists, so why does it work for the SF dri
> and not the freedesktop one ... /dev/dri does exist, I'm thinking the
> SF drm creates /dev/dri/card0 but the freedesktop one doesn't, but I
> could be wrong.

Indeed (note the error: 'No such device', not 'No such file or
directory'), the X server has always created the device nodes on the
fly.

Why SF? The CVS repository at freedesktop.org contains all the history.