On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 02:01:27 +0000
Alan Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I "played" tuxracer using XFree 4.3.0 and my test code last might. Depth
> buffering in some cases is shot, there is a lot of fallback stuff
> occuring for clipped polygons that isnt working and things are a
> peculiar brown colour (someone suggested thats fog issues).
>
> Textures sometimes go missing, it doesn't work with 2D accel at the same
> time and some other oddments, but the framework is now functional and
> debuggable.
>
> One problem here is that the fallbacks clearly worked with old
> XFree/DRI/VIA hacks, and since all the other silicon supported seems to
> properly support clipping I've not found a good reference on the
> fallback side of things yet.

I havn't looked at the code yet. Just a comment after working with the
savage driver: I was under the impression that Mesa does all clipping.
If a primitive is clipped it will call the driver's clipped polygon
callback function to render it. The savage driver has a
savageClippedPoly function which is hooked up as
tnl->Driver.Render.ClippedPolygon in savage savageChooseRenderState. See
savagetris.c. I could imagine that the cle266 driver just didn't specify
a polygon function so it falls back to software.

> Alan

Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.