Good to know. Another file I found useful is in the UtahGLX driver:

utah/glx-xf4/servGL/hwglx/s3savage/savage_hw.h

It's probably more focused on 3D.

/Felix

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:57:27 -0800 (PST)
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was just looking through the original savage code drop and I noticed
> this file:
> LinuxDriver/XvMC/s3data.h
>
> it contains a lot of useful info about registers and the BCI for savage
> chips.
>
> for example:
>
> #define TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_0    0x48C40
> #define TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_1    0x48C44
> #define TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_2    0x48C48
> #define TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_3    0x48C4C
> #define TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_4    0x48C50
>
> #define PRIMARY_APERTURE_REGISTER_0   TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_0
> #define PRIMARY_APERTURE_REGISTER_1   TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_1
> #define PRIMARY_APERTURE_REGISTER_2   TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_2
> #define ZBUFFER_APERTURE_REGISTER     TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_3
> #define TEXTURE_APERTURE_REGISTER     TILED_SURFACE_REGISTER_4
>
> I'm not sure their code actually follows this, but it's helpful in
> understanding how the chip works.
>
> Alex

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.