Quick update...

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:23:40 +0100
Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hard when I start glxgears. :( It's pretty hard to find out what causes
> the lockup at this point. Tim Roberts mentioned a bug in Savage4 and
> ProSavages that causes lockups when reading the Fifo Status regs, but he
> didn't mention Savage IX in this context. Also, I tested BCI-only
> operation successfully on my ProSavage (not too thoroughly, though).

I tracked this one down. It was related to buffer swaps somehow. Now it
doesn't lock up any more but the 3D window remains black. glxgears shows
about 290 fps. I tried to use fallbacks for all primitives in order to
find out if it's a problem with the swap or with the 3D engine. But I
get a segfault. Probably the same as I got in torcs yesterday on the
Savage4. I'm going to track down that segfault first.

Felix