Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2004 02:01 schrieb Roland Scheidegger:
> Michel DÃnzer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 00:16, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> >> samples/sphere: the texture on the sphere looks wrong, almost
> >> reversed (seems to be the same problem as with isosurf, both use
> >> GL_SPHERE_MAP - GL_SPHERE_MAP seems to work correctly in the gloss
> >> demo though interestingly).
> >
> > It's also wrong in foobillard, e.g.; works with SW TCL.
> >
> >> tests/texrect: the girl texture is completely messed up, the other
> >> looks a bit better.
> >
> > Seems to work fine here (same as with software rendering) - try
> > disabling codegen maybe? Didn't you notice yuvrect being broken
> > though? :\
>
> Well I've reported yuvrect as broken in the earlier email - no need to
> repeat everything. No idea why texrect doesn't work here but works for
> you though. tcl_mode makes no difference at all.

Texture 0 is corrupted on SMP, r200 for me, too.
LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT fix it.

> >> If you prefer (or force) 16bit textures with driconf, it will crash
> >>  instead (r200_cmdbuf.c:354: r200EmitBlit: Assertion `(src_offset &
> >> 1023) == 0' failed.).
> >
> > I see that as well.

Sorry, to few time.

> >> xdemos/glthreads: I didn't have the courage to test this (I just
> >> didn't feel like rebooting ;-)) - in the past it always locked up
> >> immediately when at least 33 threads were specified, or locked up
> >> after some time if less than 33 threads were specified (generally,
> >> the more threads, the faster it would lock up). Can try that later
> >> if someone is interested in the results...
> >
> > FWIW, I ran it a couple of times recently without problems, but I
> > think I only went up to 16 or so.
>
> IIRC I got it pretty easy to crash with only 16 threads when moving
> around the glthreads windows.

Ian worked on this since June/July.

Worked for me for ages on my Voodoo5 5500 AGP (tdfx), since the "beginning".
UP and SMP. Tested for more then 100 (!) ;-)

Then with the r200 we got some trouble.
It starts around 28 or 29 (maybe 31 =>  >=32 contexts).
Search for SMP + r200 + glthreads/manywin.

Be aware that you get "Mesa GLX Indirect" if you try "> 27" (28) contexts.

Name: 26
  Display:     0xab56968
  Window:      0x7800002
  Context:     0xab627e8
  GL_VERSION:  1.3 Mesa 6.1
  GL_VENDOR:   Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI R200 20030328 AGP 4x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE TCL
libGL error: InitDriver failed
700, 200
Name: 27
  Display:     0xacf6c40
  Window:      0x7a00002
  Context:     0xad01678
  GL_VERSION:  1.5 Mesa 6.1
  GL_VENDOR:   Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect

After ESC I get this:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  130 (XFree86-DRI)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  9 ()
  Value in failed request:  0x7800002
  Serial number of failed request:  37

Argh... CRASH....after fourth or fifth run...for some seconds....

SYRQ+K (Kill) do NOT work right.
I get half black upper screen and some pixel corruption.

SYSRQ+S (Sync) / U (Unmount) and then B (Boot) works.

But ReiserFS 3.xx on 2.6.1 with data-logging patch is so GREAT.
KMail 1.6 (KDE 3.2.0 RC1) pops up with the OLD content automatically! ;-)))

progs/xdemos> ./glthreads
threadgl: test of GL thread safety (any key = exit)
Usage:
  threadgl [-display dpyName] [-n numthreads]
XInitThreads() returned 1 (success)
Created Thread 0x4002
Created Thread 0x8003

Vertex3f: 1
Vertex3f: 1

progs/xdemos> ./glthreads -n 100
Hangs after ~60-70 threads?

> xdemos/wincopy: destination window is empty (actually first time I tried
> it it was not empty but showed some pieces of demos previously run).

I can confirm the wincopy behavior (empty destination).
Sometimes source window empty (black), too.
Fix: LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT

Same with "isosurf" some times. Redraw?
Sometimes isosurf it is empty after start when I move the mouse over it
(window focus "mouse") and move the mouse away.
Fix: LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT

Since June/July (Ian's changes) quake3-smp didn't work anylonger.
I haven't had the time to go back and search what the culprit is, yet.

-Dieter