On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 00:56, Ian Romanick wrote:

> Does anyone know if either the ATI or Nvidia closed-source drivers
> support ARB_texture_compression for indirect rendering?  If one of them
> does, that would give us a test bed for the client-side protocol
> support.  When that support is added, we can change the library version
> to 1.4 (i.e., change from libGL.so.1.2 to libGL.so.1.4, with extra .1.2
> and .1.3 symlinks).

Are those symlinks really necessary? Apps should only care about
libGL.so.1 .

While we're at it: is there a reason for libGL not having a patchlevel,
e.g. libGL.so.1.2.0? This can cause unpleasant surprises because
ldconfig will consider something like libGL.so.1.2.bak as the higher
patchlevel and change libGL.so.1 to point to that instead of
libGL.so.1.2 .

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer